An integral element of the Xilica range, the SolaroConsole Universal Software was developed to provide optimum configuration of Neutrino and Uno Series processors. Replacing the previous NeuConsole software, SolaroConsole provides many operational improvements as well as constituting part of an entirely new ‘universal’ software strategy for Xilica.
The SolaroConsole software includes two active universal components. The first of these, the Universal Dante Configuration, has three primary elements. Firstly, it provides the ability to universally configure any brand of Dante interface device on the market. Secondly, it provides improved Dante Network Device management tools including Dante configuration done graphically and saved into a project file with automatic audio routing of the Dante matrix, along with an improved Dante View screen. Thirdly, the user no longer has to use the Dante Controller software application since everything is configured and managed from within SolaroConsole.
Two methods can be used to configure other manufacturers’ Dante interface devices. The first of these involves selecting the growing number of Dante interface product brands already populating the SolaroConsole menu, including devices from Ashly Audio, Attero Tech, Audio-Technica, Bose, Lectrosonics, RDL and Stewart Audio. New announcements about integration of other third- part Dante products continue to be made all the time.
Alternatively, for those Dante interface product brands not included in the menu, Xilica provides a Generic Dante Device module that can be dropped onto Project View and then configured in the same way as any of the specific integrated devices.
The second primary element is the Universal Platform, which makes it possible to deploy the new SolaroConsole universal software on the user’s Mac or Windows PC.
Shortly, Xilica will add a third primary universal component in the form of Universal Protocol Control (often referred to as third party control). Described as the most important universal component of SolaroConsole, this component makes it possible to easily drag & drop, for example, a projector brand and model from the menu onto the Project View work area. Consequently, it is possible to easily control that projector within the SolaroConsole project design using SolaroControl and other control devices.
Widely regarded as being easy to learn and use, SolaroConsole does not require extensive training and is therefore geared towards quick and straightforward implementation by the integrator community.
- Control any brand of Dante device on your network, with no need for Dante Controller, and utilise enhanced network management tools
- Enhanced Third-Party Control allows you to control any device you have the control string for, even if it isn't Dante-enabled, such as projectors, lighting and blinds
- SolaroControl provides the ability to control SolaroConsole-programmable products from iOS, Android or any web browser
- Universal Protocol Control allows for greater expandability of controllable devices, to include a wide range of manufacturers and equipment models - not just audio products, but the whole spectrum of AV essentials
- Natively compatible with both Mac and Windows
SolaroConsole – Configuration Application
SolaroControl – Control Application
Release 2.0.0 (August 23, 2017)
Supported Device Firmware Version:
- Neutrino/Uno – 5.4.2
- Neutrino AEC/Uno AEC/Rio – 5.4.1
- NeuPanel Mini – 5.3.4
- NeuPanel Touch – 5.5.0
- Centro SM1 – 5.3.3
- SolaroControl – 2.0.0
- Support device MIPs real time usage display for Neutrino and Solaro device.
- Support DSP module parameters to be export/import to/from file. This feature is now enabled for the Loud Speaker Management module. The user can now save/load the speaker setting for different brands.
- Supports a new software version notification when starting up the Solaro application. When new software is detected, the user can download the installation package (based on their installed O/S) to a local directory.
- Supports new Device Firmware Manager to list out all available firmware version in our web site and help download the files to your computer for easy firmware file selection during device firmware upgrade
- Support for USB firmware recovery for Solaro devices. It allows recovery for the Main board, DSP board and related I/O boards.
- Support for the Real Time Clock on Solaro device.
- Support for new DSP modules such as Room combiner and Solo Mixer..
- Support for next-generation Solaro QR devices.
- Supports ‘Troubleshooting’ function to help troubleshoot onsite network related issues. Tools includes:
- UDP packet transmission error and round trip response time statistic
- Capture device heartbeat receiving status
- Capture network traffic between console application and devices.
- Updated project “go online” dialog to a more clear presentation and messages.
- Updated DSP matrix mixer control panel look and feel. Change the input and output display orientation to have output on horizontal and input on vertical.
- Improved SolaroControl application startup speed.
- Support more colours for control objects.
- Support more types of control object appearances to enhance the UI experience.
- Add in Simple Toggle Button that can support different colours for ON/OFF state. And the UI is plain and simple
- Add in Simple Action button that support plain and simple UI apperaence
- Add in Simple Vertical/Horizontal Slider, Simple Round Dial which can support different knob and rail colours.
- Modify colour scheme for control objects so that object can have transparent object colour and then a different border colour.
- Modify meter to have different meter LED off colour.
- Update all module control panel UI look and feel to the latest Xilica theme.
- Support mouse over popup hint on the control object details. When move mouse over to certain control object, it will display more detail info on what that control object is for.
- When opening up a control panel closer to the edge or bottom of the parent panel, we will move the control panel to the left and up to try to fit the panel. (Instead of shrinking the panel size in older version).
- Fix label property cannot be edited in design mode.
- Fix bug on not able to control Yamaha 3rd party control device when putting project ONINE while Yamaha control panel is being displayed.
- Fix a underlying TCP network connection release timing issue that will sometimes cause Console application or Control application to crash when performing 3rd party control element read.
- Fix bug on the display of project ONLINE dialog. If your project has images (or lines) and other non-device based elements in your project overview, the project ONLINE dialog will display a list of un-want items and it will also cause project not able to bring ONLINE properly.
- Remove control panel auto resizing of the content when adjusting the window size.
- Fix bug on Site Manager scheduler not working under Windows platform.
- Fix Site Manager scheduler editor not displaying the project save button after entry being modified.
- Fix application crash bug when doing undo on added components with link in between.