An integral element of the Xilica range, the Xilica Designer Software was developed to provide optimum configuration of Solaro, Neutrino and Uno Series processors but it also configures Xilica’s programmable remote controls, configures and manages any networked Dante device, and in the future – provide universal third-party device control integration.
The Xilica Designer software includes two active universal components. The first of these, universal platform, makes it possible to deploy the new Xilica Designer software on the user’s Windows PC or Mac. The second, universal Dante configuration, provides the ability to universally configure and manage any brand of Dante interface device on the market.
Two methods can be used to configure other manufacturers Dante enabled devices. The user can select from the growing number of Dante interface product brands already populating the Xilica Designer menu, including devices from Attero Tech, Bose, RCF, RDL and Yamaha.
And alternatively, for those Dante interface product brands not included in the menu, Xilica provides a Generic Dante Device module that can be configured and turned into any Dante enabled device brand connected to the Dante network.
Xilica is working on and will add a third universal component in the form of universal third-party device control integration (universal protocol control). Described as the most important universal component of Xilica Designer, once fully active this component will make it possible to simply drag & drop popular AV product brand models from the menu into the designer software and from each product brand module – drag & drop any or all available controls into any of Xilica’s programmable remote control options (wired touch controls, wireless iOS/Android control devices, etc). Xilica having done all the third-party protocol control work in the background for the user.
Widely regarded as being easy to learn and use, Xilica Designer does not require extensive training and is therefore geared towards quick and straightforward implementation by the integrator community.
- XTouch Control provides the ability to control Xilica processors via our new XTouch wired touch controls and use XTouchApp to provide wireless iOS and Android control as well as PC or Mac computer control
- Enhanced Third-Party Control simplifies control programming of any device you have the control string for such as projectors, screens, and lighting
- Universal Platform - Natively compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Universal Dante Configuration - Control any brand of Dante device on your network and utilize enhanced network management tools
- Xilica Designer is quick and easy to learn and use
Xilica Designer – Software
XTouchApp – Control Apps
Release 3.2.0 (July 27, 2018)
Supported Device Firmware Version:
- Neutrino/Uno – 5.4.2
- Neutrino AEC/Uno AEC/Rio – 5.4.1
- Solaro DSP – 2.0.0
- NeuPanel Mini – 5.3.4
- NeuPanel Touch – 5.6.1
- Site Manager – 5.3.3
- XTouch Control – 3.2.0
- Xilica Designer (v3.2.0) – Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- XTouch Control (v3.2.0) – Android 4.0 or higher, iOS 7.0 or higher
- Support Beta release of new universal controller functionality build into Solaro Series DSP devices. This universal controller will work in conjunction with our new XTouch H/W and S/W to provide a cost effective total control solution for your project.
- Support storing Project Backup File to all Solaro DSP devices when switching project to ONLINE mode. Also support retrieving project backup file from Solaro DSP device to restore a project.
- Support saving XTouch design to Solaro DSP devices. After XTouch design has been saved to a Solaro DSP, XTouch application can retrieve different control panel designs from the DSP device directly. A new “Network Configuration Retrieval” button has been added in XTouch App to query network configuration available. It does not require mapping and loading configuration from Xilica Designer.
- Support password protection for XTouch App configuration button and the network configuration retrieval button.
- Support our Universal Protocol Control of – Christie GS Series projector.
- Support our Universal Protocol Control of – Sharp PN-LE series TV.
- Display the actual colour in colour selection option menu.
- Support Solaro device I/O option cards in the Bill of Material list.
- Support new GPIO Input/Output card configuration from software side. Now user can buy a generic Input/Output GPIO card that can be configured as GPIO Input, GPIO Input voltage or GPIO Output.
- Support the display of Solaro DSP control string display in project design view to make it easier to program control string from 3rd party controller (such as Crestron controller).
- Fixed XTouch App performance issue when using background image for control pages.
- Add back analog output pin to Powersoft amplifier device for speaker connection documentation purpose.
- Fixed Option selection box UI object selection not set correctly when going from ONLINE mode back to Editing mode
- Fixed wire not following DSP module object when dragging DSP module object. This is the case when you try to move DSP module right after you connect up some wire.
- Fixed project modified state display incorrectly when pressing “Cancel” during project save dialog
- Fixed XTouch control editor pages list on the left hand side cannot display all pages if the list of pages is getting too large
- Fixed misleading error message when schematic file being imported cannot be accessed by the OS. In older version, it will report that the file signature is NOT valid.
- Fixed bug for loading 100ms AEC module into Neutrino/Uno AEC devices. It will display error message saying required license does not exists. For Neutrino/Uno AEC device, license is build-in not additional license is required.
- Fixed bug for resize slider bar too large and blocking the title bar area. This happens when the panel size is very small.
- Fixed bug for meter not updating after syncing the clock of DSP device backward. If your computer time is slower than the DSP device, syncing a backward time to DSP device will cause DSP device to stop sending meter updated. This has been fixed by requesting a device reboot if clock has been set backward.
- Fixed Dante Universal Config bug that will not display some of the Dante Device on network when there are more than 30 Dante devices on the network.
- When converting from NeuConsole project file to SolaroConsole, if the project file is being password protected, this project file cannot be opened in SolaroConsole. This is due to the wrong password encryption algorithm used in NeuConsole. This cannot be fixed on SolaroConsole side. To get around this issue, user have to remove the password protection for the project file using NeuConsole before converting the file to SolaroConsole use.
- When opening Solaro device for control in Network view, the preset trigger module configuration cannot be shown properly in the control panel. (The control panel will always say preset trigger disabled) Due to some technical implementation issue, this issue cannot be fixed.