Find out about how we use your data, and the types of data we collect, in the content below.
Xilica, formerly Xilica Corporation, has its place of business at 100 University Avenue, Toronto, M5J 1V6, Canada.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, job title, e-mail address and telephone number, and, if you make a purchase with us, payment details). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Xilica to provide you with the services you select. In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit a Xilica dealership or contact the Xilica Customer, Sales and Technical Services teams by telephone. Please note that calls to Xilica offices may be recorded for security, training and development purposes. If you choose to interact with Xilica via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform. We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders and to provide after service care;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- send you marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the ”Editing or deleting your personal information” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep our Platform secure; and
- understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by Xilica to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Xilica to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time.
Xilica uses both ‘session cookies’ and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does Xilica use?
The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
Cookies necessary for essential purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform. For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform. We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
Content sharing and social networking cookies
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We may anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
Sharing your information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
- we may disclose your personal information to any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business.
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
How to edit, delete or access your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Xilica marketing emails.
Xilica Corporation, 100 University Avenue, Toronto, M5J 1V6, Canada.