An integral element of the Xilica range, the SolaroConsole Universal Software was developed to provide optimum configuration of Neutrino and Uno Series processors. Replacing the previous NeuConsole software, SolaroConsole provides many operational improvements as well as constituting part of an entirely new ‘universal’ software strategy for Xilica.
The SolaroConsole software includes two active universal components. The first of these, the Universal Dante Configuration, has three primary elements. Firstly, it provides the ability to universally configure any brand of Dante interface device on the market. Secondly, it provides improved Dante Network Device management tools including Dante configuration done graphically and saved into a project file with automatic audio routing of the Dante matrix, along with an improved Dante View screen. Thirdly, the user no longer has to use the Dante Controller software application since everything is configured and managed from within SolaroConsole.
Two methods can be used to configure other manufacturers’ Dante interface devices. The first of these involves selecting the growing number of Dante interface product brands already populating the SolaroConsole menu, including devices from Ashly Audio, Attero Tech, Audio-Technica, Bose, Lectrosonics, RDL and Stewart Audio. New announcements about integration of other third-party Dante products continue to be made all the time.
Alternatively, for those Dante interface product brands not included in the menu, Xilica provides a Generic Dante Device module that can be dropped onto Project View and then configured in the same way as any of the specific integrated devices.
The second primary element is the Universal Platform, which makes it possible to deploy the new SolaroConsole universal software on the user’s Mac or Windows PC.
Shortly, Xilica will add a third primary universal component in the form of Universal Protocol Control (often referred to as third party control). Described as the most important universal component of SolaroConsole, this component makes it possible to easily drag & drop, for example, a projector brand and model from the menu onto the Project View work area. Consequently, it is possible to easily control that projector within the SolaroConsole project design using SolaroControl and other control devices.
Widely regarded as being easy to learn and use, SolaroConsole does not require extensive training and is therefore geared towards quick and straightforward implementation by the integrator community.
- Control any brand of Dante device on your network, with no need for Dante Controller, and utilise enhanced network management tools
- Enhanced Third-Party Control allows you to control any device you have the control string for, even if it isn't Dante-enabled, such as projectors, lighting and blinds
- SolaroControl provides the ability to control SolaroConsole-programmable products from iOS, Android or any web browser
- Universal Protocol Control allows for greater expandability of controllable devices, to include a wide range of manufacturers and equipment models - not just audio products, but the whole spectrum of AV essentials
- Natively compatible with both Mac and Windows
SolaroConsole – Configuration Application
SolaroControl – Control Application
Release 2.0.1 (November 3, 2017)
Supported Device Firmware Version:
- Neutrino/Uno – 5.4.2
- Neutrino AEC/Uno AEC/Rio – 5.4.1
- NeuPanel Mini – 5.3.4
- NeuPanel Touch – 5.5.0
- Centro SM1 Site Manager – 5.3.3
- SolaroControl – 2.0.1
- Support device MIPs real time usage display for Neutrino and Solaro device.
- Support DSP module parameters to be export/import to/from file. This feature is now enabled for the Loud Speaker Management module. The user can now save/load the speaker setting for different brands.
- Supports a new software version notification when starting up the Solaro application. When new software is detected, the user can download the installation package (based on their installed O/S) to a local directory.
- Supports new Device Firmware Manager to list out all available firmware version in our web site and help download the files to your computer for easy firmware file selection during device firmware upgrade
- Support for USB firmware recovery for Solaro devices. It allows recovery for the Main board, DSP board and related I/O boards.
- Support for the Real Time Clock on Solaro device.
- Support for new DSP modules such as Room combiner and Solo Mixer..
- Support for next-generation Solaro QR devices.
- Supports ‘Troubleshooting’ function to help troubleshoot onsite network related issues. Tools includes:
- UDP packet transmission error and round trip response time statistic
- Capture device heartbeat receiving status
- Capture network traffic between console application and devices.
- Mouse over menus and buttons in SolaroConsole to display a pop up description of the function. (Ex. Object Property, Component Library)
- “Basic property” and “Advance property” options are available so that the user can select the level of information to be displayed for object property. This property display setting will be saved across different editing sessions.
- Store the Component Library component selection tree open status across editing session. When the SolaroConsole application is opened, it will remember the last state of all tree open/close status.
- Support caching help file to local computer for offline help access. When starting application, it will check the Xilica web site for any new available help file. User can choose to download the latest help file for offline access.
- Support text editor in object property panel to be auto select text to enable faster property editing.
- Support displaying a card/option configuration dialog for Solaro DSP device when adding a new DSP device to the project. The workflow for adding a Solaro device will be more systematic.
- For push button control object in the control panel design, a selection list for the target control value is supported. This selection list provides all possible target values that this control item can trigger.
- For Mini button in Neutrino Mini panel, now we have made the 2 supported modes (toggle button or action control button) explicitly selectable by user. When user selects the Action button mode it will display the possible target values for the control action.
- In control panel design model: If there are NO items in the design, a help message will be displayed to hint the user on how to drag and drop items into the panel design.
- Mouse over NOT Ready devices in the Network View to preview a detailed pop up explanation about the device network status. There are mainly 2 reasons for NOT Ready devices in the network. Either there is a network communication error to the device or there is NO configuration data in the device.
- Enhanced Network View to display the current IP address that the SolaroConsole application is running on.
- Enhanced Network setup dialog to check the consistency of ethernet setup. We do not accept 0.0.0.0 as IP address, gateway address or subnet mask. We will also check that the IP address is on the same network as the gateway IP.
- For Solaro DSP devices, retrieving the diagnostic test report from device (the report will be based on the last diagnostic test run) is supported. In the Device Setup dialog in Network View, a “Download Diagnostic Test Report” button is available if it detected that such report is available in the device.
- Support loading of Neutrino series diagnostic firmware program to Neutrino DSP devices for diagnostic testing.
- Support up to 128 Dante channels in generic Dante device.
- Fix system crash bug when deleting an offline device from Network View and then the device comes back ONLINE immediately.
- Fix device mapping state in-consistent in Project view under a special situation. When opening a project that has a mapped device and that device has been removed from Network view. The device icon in project view will display device as NOT MAPPED. But if the device is ONLINE again and able to be detected in Network View, the device mapping menu item will show the device is still being mapped while the icon display NOT MAPPED.
- Fix Matrix mixer control panel UI, the output enable button status is being displayed incorrectly. It is enabled when the UI is off and vice versa.
- Fix IP setup validation to ensure IP address, gateway address and subnet mask of device cannot be set to 0.0.0.0 under non-DHCP mode. We also ensure that the device IP address and gateway address are in the same network segment.
- Fix Ambient Noise Compensation module UI to display the calculated gain in meter format (instead of a non-controllable slider).
- Add back password encryption for Project File password protection.
- Fixed bug on Solaro DSP device schematic design import from physical device. When importing design from physical design the physical device I/O card configuration is also imported to the design device. These I/O card configurations should NOT be copied over from physical device as the design device has its own configuration. (This bug also applies when exporting design from Network View and then re-importing it to the Solaro DSP design device).
- Fix bug in Solaro I/O board wire connection. The bug allows you to connect different wire type to various Input module (i.e. connecting audio to logic IO pin).
- Fix Solaro QR Control Input I/O card from 2 Ch to 4 Ch card.
- When converting from NeuConsole project file to SolaroConsole, if the project file is being password protected, this project file cannot be opened in SolaroConsole. This is due to the wrong password encryption algorithm used in NeuConsole. This cannot be fixed on SolaroConsole side. To get around this issue, user have to remove the password protection for the project file using NeuConsole before converting the file to SolaroConsole use.
- When opening Solaro device for control in Network View, the preset trigger module configuration cannot be shown properly in the control panel. (The control panel will always say preset trigger disabled) Due to some technical implementation issue, this issue cannot be fixed.