An integral element of the Xilica range, the Xilica Designer Software was developed to provide optimum configuration of Solaro, Neutrino and Uno Series processors but it also configures Xilica’s programmable remote controls, configures and manages any networked Dante device, and in the future – provide universal third-party device control integration.
The Xilica Designer software includes two active universal components. The first of these, universal platform, makes it possible to deploy the new Xilica Designer software on the user’s Windows PC or Mac. The second, universal Dante configuration, provides the ability to universally configure and manage any brand of Dante interface device on the market.
Two methods can be used to configure other manufacturers Dante enabled devices. The user can select from the growing number of Dante interface product brands already populating the Xilica Designer menu, including devices from Attero Tech, Bose, RCF, RDL and Yamaha.
And alternatively, for those Dante interface product brands not included in the menu, Xilica provides a Generic Dante Device module that can be configured and turned into any Dante enabled device brand connected to the Dante network.
Xilica is working on and will add a third universal component in the form of universal third-party device control integration (universal protocol control). Described as the most important universal component of Xilica Designer, once fully active this component will make it possible to simply drag & drop popular AV product brand models from the menu into the designer software and from each product brand module – drag & drop any or all available controls into any of Xilica’s programmable remote control options (wired touch controls, wireless iOS/Android control devices, etc). Xilica having done all the third-party protocol control work in the background for the user.
Widely regarded as being easy to learn and use, Xilica Designer does not require extensive training and is therefore geared towards quick and straightforward implementation by the integrator community.
- XTouch Control provides the ability to control Xilica processors via our new XTouch wired touch controls and use XTouchApp to provide wireless iOS and Android control as well as PC or Mac computer control
- Enhanced Third-Party Control simplifies control programming of any device you have the control string for such as projectors, screens, and lighting
- Universal Platform - Natively compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Universal Dante Configuration - Control any brand of Dante device on your network and utilize enhanced network management tools
- Xilica Designer is quick and easy to learn and use
Xilica Designer – Software
XTouchApp – Control Apps
Release 3.1.0 (April 18, 2018)
Supported Device Firmware Version:
- Neutrino/Uno – 5.4.2
- Neutrino AEC/Uno AEC/Rio – 5.4.1
- NeuPanel Mini – 5.3.4
- NeuPanel Touch – 5.5.0
- Centro SM1 Site Manager – 5.3.3
- SolaroControl – Not supported anymore
- Solaro DSP – 1.1.0
- XTouch Control – 3.1.0
- Xilica Designer (v3.1.0) – Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- XTouch Control (v3.1.0) – Android 4.0 or higher, iOS 7.0 or higher
The design of our install scripts should be able to directly replace the old application (SolaroConsole/SolaroControl) with the new application name (Xilica Designer/XTouch Control). However, in some O/S this rename of applications may not be possible and a message dialog will be displayed to inform you to remove the old application and then re-install the new application. If such case exists, please follow the on-screen instruction to remove SolaroConsole or SolaroControl first, then run the new application install package again.
- Changed “SolaroConsole” application name to “Xilica Designer”
- Changed “SolaroControl” application name to “XTouch Control”, which includes “XTouch4”, “XTouch7” and “XTouchApp”. (XTouchApp is the software panel application which runs on WinPC, Mac, iOS and Android).
- The bottom menu bar of XTouch Control (formerly SolaroControl) is now hidden to provide more screen real-estate for control design. The menu bar can be pull up by swiping the screen from bottom to top. And the menu bar will automatically be hiden again after inactivity timeout. XTouch Control also supports page change by swiping the screen from left-to-right or right-to-left.
- Support Solaro DSP device temperature and DSP resource usage read back from device. User can view these resource usages in Network view -> Device Setup -> Resource usage tab.
- Support different project file for different Xilica DSP series. Now we do not support mixing of Neutrino series and Solaro series DSP devices in a single project. When creating project, user needs to select which Xilica DSP series they are designing for. All non-compatible devices will not be displayed (example – select Solaro Series DSP – the incompatible Touch SM7 MkII touch control will not be displayed).
- Support software license key (SK) mechanism for Solaro Device (QR & FR) to enable unique software features (for example AEC functionality). User is able to load in new license file to device or read back device license file for backup purpose.
- Support 8 Channels of AEC with 250ms tail per device.
- Support 16 Channels of AEC with 125ms tail per device.
- Support changing Solaro FR device sampling rate at Device Setup dialog. For device with Dante options, we will also setup Dante sampling rate to follow the device sampling rate. If we detected there is mismatch between Dante sampling rate and device sampling rate (for example – should a user plug in a different Dante card from another system), a warning icon will be displayed in Network View. And the user needs to manually adjust the Dante sampling rate.
- Support new Xilica IO Expansion box XIO-4×4 and XIO-32 in software.
- Support new Touch panel device XTouch50 and XTouch80.
- Support generic PJLink projector control protocol in 3rd party control list. Software now able to control PJLink compliant projectors.
- Support landscape and portrait mode for XTouch control devices based on the design screen size selection.
- Changed device module I/O pin label colour to black to make it more readable.
- “Modified logic module I/O pin to ellipse shape to make it more readable.
- Modified Matrix Mixer control panel mute button mouse over naming from “Band Output Mute” name to “Band Output Enable/Mute”. And modified “Mute” name to “Connect/Mute”. This is to avoid confusion when using Matrix Mixer.
- Modified Solaro DSP Device I/O plug-in card colour scheme in the schematic design to match the physical I/O plug-in card phoenix connector colours.
- Support cable color selection in project view to allow user to better document the design and make the design more readable.
- Improved handling of multiple network interfaces on the computer of Xilica Designer Application. When multiple interfaces are detected, we will NOT ask user to pick an interface, instead we will try to discover devices on all available network interfaces. When performing device UDP test, a single UDP test will be performed on all network interfaces. If user is doing UDP test statistic, user needs to pick which network interface to perform the UDP statistic.
- For password entering dialog, will display ‘*’ to hide the password entered.
- Fixed system crash bug when entering non-ascii characters into the preset name.
- Fixed Xilica Designer (formerly SolaroConsole) crash when reading back value from Solaro DSP device with a very large schematic.
- Fixed Xilica Designer (formerly SolaroConsole) application hang bug when trying to save a really large schematic.
- Fixed Xilica Designer (formerly SolaroConsole) application crash bug when trying to add more than 32 control parameters into a control object (i.e. a push button of a Mini panel).
- Fixed Xilica Designer (formerly SolaroConsole) application bug on not able to delete control parameters (by pressing the Delete button on parameter list) from the control object property parameter list.
- Fixed Dante device not show up in Dante View when there is a lot of Dante Devices.
- Fixed Dante crash bug when the design number of Dante channels does not match with the physical Dante device. (i.e. Design device number of Dante channels is larger than the physical Dante device).
- Fixed bug on Xilica device not able to detect corresponding Dante component when starting up the device for the first time.
- Fixed software download and help file download successful message box from a “Warning” box to “Info” box.
- Fixed import device design file from physical device function. It was mistaken the wrong device and would warn user that the physical device is OFFLINE when it is actually ONLINE.
- When converting from NeuConsole project file to SolaroConsole (now called Xilica Designer), if the project file is being password protected, this project file cannot be opened in SolaroConsole (now called Xilica Designer). This is due to the wrong password encryption algorithm used in NeuConsole. This cannot be fixed on SolaroConsole (Xilica Designer) side. To get around this issue, user have to remove the password protection for the project file using NeuConsole before converting the file to SolaroConsole (Xilica Designer) use.
- When opening Solaro DSP device for control in Network view, the preset trigger module configuration cannot be shown properly in the control panel. (The control panel will always say preset trigger disabled) Due to some technical implementation issue, this issue cannot be fixed.
- For XTouch control, there is an option to automatically logout of a password controlled page when it has been sitting on the screen for a period of time. This feature is NOT working in this release. We will fix this issue in coming release.